Do you love brands and want to work on research and strategy projects with big leisure clients, such as Alton Towers, LEGO, Greene King, Park Dean Resorts and David Lloyd?
Brand Vista is looking for a talented, enthusiastic individual with an interest in brands and research to provide support to their team of Researchers, Strategists and Directors.
Working in the Research Team, your primary role will be to assist with the planning, logistics, analysis, and write ups of our research projects.
There are 5 main areas to the role:
Research Project Planning and Logistics – Making sure that all elements of a research project run smoothly. Being one step ahead and foreseeing things that need to be done, from booking meeting rooms for debriefs, to planning international research projects.
Research Recruitment: - A key part of your role will be to organise and help us recruit (find) the right people to speak to for our research. This will involve reaching out to recruitment partners with the specifics of who we are looking for.
Supporting Analysis – You will get the chance to watch research in action, typing up research tapes and helping with analysis by identifying important information. You will play an important role in the analysis sessions, capturing the key insights and helping form the story. You will also be involved in analysing questionnaire data, creating charts and graphs, to tell a story for the client.
Desk Research: Carrying out desk research into industries and companies to provide some background information for projects and pitches.
Write-ups – gathering and creating stimulus for workshops and focus groups, writing up consolidations and creating beautiful PowerPoint presentations.
Being a small family like company, we all like to get stuck in. From time to time, your role will involve some office-based support, working alongside others with general office tasks such as taking minutes in meetings, photocopying, laminating, binding, printing and preparing stimulus packs for workshops and focus groups.
You must be:
- Passionate about brands, research and business, commercially savvy and aware
- Excellent at time management
- Able to juggle many projects at once and be exceptional at prioritising
- Have good attention to detail
- Brilliant at logistics, especially organising research, meetings and travel
- Able to motivate self and others around you
- Have an analytical mindset
- Comfortable to work on your own initiative and flexible about what role you’ll play in a team
- Confident with technology and software including above average knowledge of PowerPoint so you can create outstanding presentations, competent on Word and Excel and tech savvy enough to deal with different website platforms
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels of business, internally and externally
- Inquisitively minded, aware of what’s going on in the world and hungry for new experiences and knowledge
- Have experience working in an office environment
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience in the marketing/ advertising/market research industry
You will get:
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting, successful and world-famous brands such as Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Parkdean resorts, LEGO, Pfizer, Greene King and David Lloyd clubs
- A great and thorough insight into the world of brands
- Exposure to very senior clients of highly successful organisations
- The opportunity to develop a career in research, brand strategy and customer experience
- The opportunity to contribute towards the growth of the company and its direction
- To work with a friendly, passionate and driven team in city centre Manchester
- A salary of c £20k - £22k p/a based on experience
- 27 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Free breakfast, drinks and snacks
This job is based in Manchester city centre, the hours will be 9.00am – 5:30pm and the dress is smart casual (jeans and trainers are standard in our office). We’re open to hybrid working, and there is the choice of working from home or in the office, however we’re looking for someone who would be comfortable working in the office at least 3 days a week, as and when they are needed. There may be some national travel involved.
Whilst the job will be quite varied, here’s a taster of what a week might look like for you*:
· Attending a kick-off meeting for a new research project for a theme park, planning the timings of research to meet the clients deadlines.
· Creating a research timetable for the client and ensuring researchers are available for focus groups
· Listening and typing up a researchers recording (tape) from their focus group from the previous week
· Contacting recruiters about the new theme park project, providing them the details of the number of focus groups and the criteria of the people we are looking for.
· Organising travel for two researchers to China and Japan. Ensuring the flight times suit them, the hotel is suitable, they know where they are going when they get there, and that all ground arrangements are seamless. Checking in with our Asian contacts to ensure recruitment for respondents is on track.
· Preparing stimulus for upcoming focus groups, creating worksheets, collages and mood boards to help respondents think creatively.
· Charting the results of an online survey into PowerPoint, creating clear visually interesting reports that help communicate the data to the client
· Speaking to the client to organise a time for a research debrief, managing diaries and booking trains
· Setting up the office for an analysis session, organizing stationery and lunch for the session ahead.
· Attending a full-day analysis session with a director and researcher, collectively analysing the insights and writing these up into a compelling story.
· Bringing the debrief presentation from yesterday to life, finding images to make the report look interesting, proof reading and tidying to ensure the report looks perfect for the client!
· Printing the stimulus and activities for focus groups next week, packing a case with stationery and all the materials the researcher may need to conduct the focus groups.
As well as your CV, please include a cover letter detailing why you’d like to work in research and customer experience detailing what interests you about the role
Please send all CVs and covering letters to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 25th March 2022.
Please note any applications without a cover letter summary will not be considered